Alright…. I will admit I was terrible at storing breastmilk with my first. I had it haphazardly in our freezer in boxes or piles. I didn’t want to use ziploc bags because it seemed wasteful. I’m over it. Just looking in my organized freezer is worth the waste. I will re-use the ziploc freezer bags after all of this is over!
1) Every day or every other day depending on how much extra milk you have, bag up milk to be frozen. I tend to stick with 5 ounces, even though the bags can hold 6.
2) Use Lansinoh Bags because they lay the flattest! Be sure to get the extra air out.
3) I use an old pizza tray that we no longer use, but an old cookie sheet is even better! It helps the bags freeze as flat as possible! Some people even have a second pan to put on top.
4) Once the bags are frozen, you can start putting them in gallon size Ziploc bags. I usually fit about 8-10 5 ounce bags in each Ziploc.
5) Don’t forget to label the outside of the Ziploc bag with the month and year! Then, you’ll know which bags to grab first when you’re ready to start using your milk! To make sure not to lose any milk, use your oldest milk first!
Happy Pumping/Breastfeeding! ❤️
When I found out we were having a girl, bows were a TOP priority! I love the idea of a bow subscription to build our stash! Olivia’s Bow Club has a few different options. We do the set that comes with two bows on nylon and one top knot. It is only $12.99 and it is super easy to cancel or pause a month. You get to see sneak peeks in their VIP group, which helps you decide whether you want that months. That way it isn’t entirely blind! They also have really cute add-ons, such as other bow designs or MATCHING MAMA HEADBANDS!!!!!! 😍 That’s what sold me for sure!
Get a free month by using my referral link:
Here are a few pics of our first month’s order! I can’t wait for our May bows with our WATERMELON top knot! ❤️
We love Lilly Bow Peep Boutique! I can’t wait for when Kennedy is a little bit bigger to be able to fit into more of their outfits! They have great prices and even better quality. So many of the dresses we have ordered are made out of this extremely soft fabric!
They have mystery outfits for $5.50 occasionally! They’re always super cute and are such a steal! Be sure to leave a comment in the checkout notes if you have any requests. There’s no guarantees, but they generally try to fulfill them! I always list what outfits we have to ensure we don’t get a duplicate. I also leave my little ones size for which season to make sure I don’t get a summer outfit that won’t fit during summer!
Below is a picture of some mystery outfits I received!
Here are a few outfits that I purchased at regular price!
They also have flash sales regularly. They will post an outfit for sale for only a few minutes. You will need to check out and pay shipping on each outfit, but it evens out! 🙂
Don’t forget to use my referral discount (coupon code) JESSICA03 at checkout!
We are having great luck with HP Instant Ink and saving a ton of money!!!! We get 50 pages per month and are allowed 100 roll over pages for $2.99, but there are tons of plans to fit your needs!
Use my referral link to get a free month ❤️ try.hpinstantink.com/vdRLv
Caden’s second birthday cannot possibly be here already! 😱
He is obsessed with Elmo, so we knew Sesame Street was the way to go!
- I used Avery Light Transfer paper on an Old Navy T-shirt to create a custom Sesame Street shirt. I also made M is for Mommy and D is for Daddy shirts for Sean and I!
- We had pizza, club sandwiches, pasta salad, veggies, fruit, chips, pretzels, cupcakes, cookies, and chocolate covered pretzels.
- For drinks we had bottled water, iced tea, Arnold palmers, and Capri suns!
Last minute I decided to use Avery table tents leftover from our wedding to label food with the characters!
I cut a large number 2 out of a cardboard box and covered it in pictures from the past year.
I printed picture of the characters and made a Caden Street sign to make centerpieces. They are actually attached to a wooden spoon and hot glued into the mason jar. The mason jar is filled with dollar tree shredded paper.
Staples sells 12″ x 12″ x 12″ boxes. We used clear packing tape to assemble and colored duct tape to decorate the edges. I printed and cut out the ABC 123s for the sides.
This sign will be placed near the parking lot to guide guests towards the party.
I love having a guest book for our parties, so this sign will remind people to sign!
- We used Sesame Street party bags from Party City to put a box of crayons, goldfish, and a rubber ducky. I created these tags to go on top of the bags. We also had bubbles that didn’t fit inside the bag and were more fun to use during the party anyway!
JCPenney Portraits does a great job for cheap! Check out some of our pictures. Caden was not in a smiling kind of mood, but I love how the props we brought (stuffed animals and balloons) gave the brick backdrop such a Sesame Street feel!
We cloth diaper of course, but it is important for those that use disposables to really inspect their diaper ingredient lists. There are so many toxins for something that goes on such a precious bum. Pampers PURE are a great place to start if you aren’t ready to go full-on-cloth! They’re a brand you can trust with an environmental conscious. On the EWG’s Skin Deep app, Pampers Pure wipes scored a 1, which is great! They have no chlorine bleaching, fragrances, parabens, or latex. Premium Cotten is used in this plant-based product.
****This item was received free for testing purposes from Influenster, but all opinions are my own!*****
I’m a little late to the game, but I wanted to share how we decorated for Caden’s first birthday party!
-Custom Moccs from Everleigh Meadow Moccs
-Custom Shirt Embroidered with Caden and 1 with a matching bib from Etsy (Addie Kakes Kreations)
– Shorts from Gymboree
-TeeRiffic Pasta Salad
-Putting Green Dirt Cake
-And of course pizza, hoagies, wings, and macaroni and cheese!
-Two Amazing Cakes from Cakes in Cups
-Extremely Creative Cookies from Jess Dunleavy
-We has an Arnold Palmer Making Station, too!
Caden’s Smash Cake 🙂
-White paper lanterns and printed the Titleist logo on them to look like gold balls
-green table cloths
-a balloon arch
-Centerpieces: $1 glass bowls from Walmart filled with golf balls and navy blue flowers
-Guest Book: We plan to always have a new book that matches the theme for guests to write a happy birthday message. We chose Badges, Egg Salad, and Green Jackets: The Masters A to Z!
-Plastic golf clubs with balls ￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼from the dollar tree. We turned a large cardboard box into a Titleist golf bag.